After nearly a year in development, we are very excited to launch the first in a series of improvements to our website. We’ve focused the design and function for the prospective and current student experience. Our approach to this challenging project is centred around one major goal: simplicity.
This enhanced redesign allows information to be easily accessible—allowing the user to get exactly where they are going with no distractions.
This launch features new content, navigation and a refreshed design in a vastly improved information flow. And coming soon…new ways to search and browse for programs and courses, and new program overview pages to make it easy to compare different programs.
How did we come up with the redesign?
By listening to you!
We asked current and prospective students about their experience with the current AU website, and what they were looking for. Many of you told us the website was too complicated, that it needed an effective new layout and navigation to allow for the best front-and-centre experience, while maintaining the standards that you’ve come to expect from the world-class leader in online education.
Through surveys, workshops, interviews, consultation and analysis, we designed a solution to make it easy for visitors to quickly understand AU’s offerings as an online and distance learning university, and everything they need to know to become a student.
Key features of redesign:
- Clean, simple and uncluttered
- Fresh, bold graphics with fewer distractions
- Improved navigation and organization
- Plain language to make complex processes easier to understand
New content highlights:
- Discover AU: an overview of what we offer, how we work, and how to succeed in distance education
- Admissions: applying and registering, admission requirements, transfer credit, tuition and fees, and paying for your studies
- Current Students: registering, withdrawing or extending courses, exams, transcripts and grades, appeals, and information for new students