The Undergraduate Student Orientation team is happy to announce that, after a full review and update, the online orientation is now being re-launched. The goal of the project has been to gather information spread across many pages and resources into a comprehensive, single-stop experience for new and prospective AU students. Additionally, the tool is developed to provide useful information to the wider AU community, including current students and AU staff.
Built to be consistent with our online course delivery, the Undergraduate Orientation is accessible through Moodle and includes the following modules:
- Module 1: An overview of AU
- Module 2: Application, admission, course registration, and other student processes
- Module 3: Advising Services
- Module 4: Important policy information
- Module 5: Support services (including the Information Centre, ASD, Counselling, Library, Academic Support, Ombuds, AUSU, and CWIKR)
- Module 6: Financial Planning, Student Financial Assistance, and AU’s Student Awards Program
- Module 7: Examination services
Modules will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and meeting the needs of the AU Community, with modifications and updates being made accordingly. Additionally, within 3 months of the launch the Student Orientation team will once again conduct a full review of the tool including a usability study and learner testing to ensure its continued accuracy and usability.
Get started with the Undergrad Student Orientation here: registrar.athabascau.ca/orientation