Learning to Learn Online is a five week online course – and it’s free! Anyone can register regardless of experience, education, age, gender or location. The course is designed to be a fun and engaging experience which will actually help you become a better online learner!
From October 2 to November 5, 2017, students will learn about themselves as learners and identify potential adjustment in learning habits that are pertinent in online learning. So whether you are already an online learner, just starting out, or even just thinking about it, you will benefit from Learning to Learn Online.
What is a Massive Open Online Course?
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are completely free online courses available for anyone and everyone who wants to develop their online abilities. MOOCS are affordable (FREE) and offer a flexible way to learn valuable skills, advance your career and deliver quality education.
The great thing about this MOOC is that there is choice and flexibility with respect to what you learn and how much you wish to participate. No pressure! On the other hand, there is an option to earn a Certificate of Completion if you successfully complete the course quizzes. There are also activities throughout the course that serve as basic self-assessments and others that will facilitate further exploration of topics.
Objectives of Learning to Learn Online
Learners who complete this course will be able to:
- Describe what it means to learn – anywhere, anytime.
- Clarify personal learning preferences.
- Identify common components of an online learning environment.
- Compare differences between online and traditional learning.
- Plan for areas of personal adjustment required for success in online learning.
- Analyze different types of learning environments including a personal learning environment.
- Explore and employ effective online communication tools and strategies.
- Describe the role of an online learning community in supporting learning.