The Hub Alert: AU is asking students to submit their SIN through myAU

You may have received an email recently from Athabasca University (AU) alerting you to changes for issuing tax forms.

If you were an active student in 2019 and a Canadian citizen, these changes may affect you.

Please do not share your personal information, including your Social Insurance Number (SIN), via email or through any robocalls. The only way you can provide this information to AU is through the secure form on myAU.

Canada Revenue Agency now requires Athabasca University (AU) to collect Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) for the production of T2202 tax forms (to replace the former T2202A form). You can learn more about this on the Government of Canada’s website.

This new process is important for issuing T2202 forms, so AU is asking that you provide your SIN by 7:00 a.m. MST on February 18, 2020.

The only way you can enter your SIN into AU’s records is by logging into your myAU account.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or we have your SIN on file, there is no further action required.

For more information on the process to update your SIN, please see here.

For your protection, do not submit your SIN by email, over the phone, or by any other means. AU will ONLY collect SIN information through the secure form found by logging into your myAU account. Any other website, service, or message asking you to share your SIN via email could be a phishing scheme.

For more information on this important initiative, please see the frequently asked questions (FAQ) here.