The countdown is on!
We are counting down 21 days to convocation for the Class of 2021.
We got you. Check back daily for fun idea
s, links, social filters, PRIZES, and more!
Congratulations to all of this year’s grads; we are so proud of you!
21 ways to celebrate 🎉
Just because it’s virtual, doesn’t mean we can’t party! There will be 21 ideas to help you get started—if you’ve got a better idea to celebrate, tag us on social using #AthaU21 and you will be entered to win a prize!
- Has your convocation box arrived? Take out your mortarboard and DIY it to sport on June 11! Here’s some inspiration. The more creative, the better!
- Suggest a song for our ‘Walking Across the Stage’ Convocation Playlist.
- Book a graduation portrait session – or stage a DIY portrait session at home. Serious or cheesy, we want to see it!
- Adopt a new AU learner! Join the mentorship program AU Connect.
- TAKE A BREAK—Chances are you’ve been juggling work, school, family life, and everything else for so long. Make sure to put up your feet and relax!
- Use the #AthaU21 hashtag early and often, you may be surprised with a shoutout or fun AU convocation swag.
- Make use of our Instagram stickers to let everyone on social media know you’re graduating!! Simply search: ‘AthaU21’ on Instagram and you’ll find them!
- Show off your AU pride by adding a #AthaU21 avatar to your Facebook or Twitter pages.
- Clear some space for an “at home stage” to walk across (and add some music for our ‘Walking Across the Stage’ playlist)
- Create an at-home photo-booth to take memorable pictures. Be on the lookout for your Convocation Celebration box for lots of fun props!
- Write a letter to your former self, telling yourself how difficult your journey will be but how you will overcome any obstacles that may stand in your way.
- Connect with a classmate who’s also graduating—make a plan to virtually get together and stay connected!
- Read our inspiring stories of the 2021 honorary Doctor of Laws recipients; Sheldon Kennedy and Terry Lusty.
- Create a time capsule with your favourite memories and experiences to open in a few years, to reflect on in years to come.
- Send yourself some flowers—you deserve it!