Tell us about an inspiring grad from the Class of 2023!
Help us celebrate Athabasca University’s newest crop of graduates!
Convocation 2023 is just around the corner, on June 16, and plans are underway to celebrate the accomplishments of AU students and future graduates!
AU needs your help to give the Class of 2023 a proper sendoff! We’re looking for potential stories about 2023 grads that we can tell here on the university’s news Hub and on social media.
These are grads—perhaps yourself or someone you know— who inspire, lead, and demonstrate through their experience at AU that anything is possible with an education.
What are we looking for?
Here are some examples of the types of compelling stories that we’re looking for:
- Perseverance through personal or professional challenges to earn a credential from AU. This could mean overcoming health issues, returning to school for the first time in years or decades, mid-life career switch, etc.
- First in family to earn a university credential, perhaps due to financial barriers, lack of opportunity, access, etc.
- Grads from remote or rural areas who will use their credential to make a difference in their profession and community, where they will continue to live and work.
- Grads with unique learning needs where only AU gave them the support they needed to pursue a university credential.
- Grads who are already well-known leaders in their professions who completed a program at AU to advance their learning, skills, and impact in the community.
- Grads whose research is already making an impact in their field and addressing an important societal challenge.
Share your ideas
We can’t guarantee every idea will lead to a story but your input is valuable! Send your idea to the communications team with a brief note about why we should tell their (or your) story.