Athabasca University social media community guidelines
We love to get social! As Canada’s online university, it’s important to us that our communities have opportunities to connect, engage, share ideas, and opinions through online conversation. In order to keep these conversations constructive and respectful, please ensure you follow these community guidelines.
- Be kind: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated. Posts containing discriminatory, racist, obscene, vulgar, profane, name-calling, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate statements, language, or content will be removed.
- No personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments, and opinions are part of conversation, but posts with aggressive personal attacks or that are defamatory and/or threatening will be removed immediately.
- Don’t share personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, posts that violate privacy or include personal information, including your own, will be removed.
- No commercial or spam posts: Posts promoting businesses, services, or spam will be removed immediately.
- Keep it clean: We want our social media channels to be a safe, inclusive, and positive environment. We do not condone the use of vulgar, profane, threatening, abusive, or discriminatory language directed at another individual or at the university. Posts containing such language will be removed.
- Obey the law: Posting material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems is not allowed. Additionally, we do not allow transmission of any materials in violation of local, provincial, or national laws or transmission of any copyrighted, pornographic, or illegal materials.
AU reserves the right to remove comments, replies, or content and interactions that violate our community guidelines or community standards of specific social media platforms. Repeat violations risk being reported, blocked, or banned from AU social media platforms.