National Nursing Week
Get to know nursing at Athabasca University
AU’s Faculty of Health Disciplines is Canada’s leader in online nursing education. As we join colleagues in celebrating National Nursing Week in Canada, May 7 to 13, 2018, here are a few things you may not know about us.
Did you know?
- AU offers two undergraduate nursing programs (Post-LPN and Post-RN Bachelor of Nursing) and three graduate nursing programs (Master of Nursing Generalist and Nurse Practitioner, and Post-Masters Diploma: Nurse Practitioner)
- all nursing programs are professionally accredited by provincial and/or national regulatory groups, ensuring quality
- nursing programs are offered online, breaking down barriers to learning by offering students choice, flexibility and time to fit learning into already busy lives
- more than 4,800 students are currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs
- last year, more than 475 students graduated from undergrad and grad programs
- Master of Nursing graduates report a 100 per cent employment rate and earn, on average, $70,000 annually (Government of Alberta, Graduate Outcomes Survey, 2015)
- One in two of Canada’s family nurse practitioners are AU grads
- AU offers the largest Post-RN BN program in Canada, and the Post-LPN BN is the largest of only three such programs in the country